Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving


Another year has come and (almost) gone and here we are in November again, thinking about those things for which we are the most thankful.

This post started out to be about my children, as they are for sure the greatest achievement of my life…but then I started thinking about all the other things I’m truly grateful for, and it surprised even me how numerous in number they are.  For the most part, except for a few bumps here and there, I’ve lived a pretty charmed and wonderful life.
I learned pretty early in life that I have not been graced with luck.  I have the worst luck of anyone I know.  If it’s gonna happen to anyone, it’s gonna happen to me (so don’t stand next to me in a lightening storm…lol).  One day,  I was complaining to my mom and she said “God made you pretty, sexy, AND smart…you’ve used up all your luck and have to make your own from now on”…and so it’s been...
Needless to say, I’m grateful to God for THAT…but amongst my other blessings, let’s include these:
It’s Kathy Packish talking to me on the phone for an hour every morning for the last year and a half, and Cheryl taking over  from there after I hang up;  Lynda Chafel for sharing the Hello Kitty bedroom and sneaking out for cider with me to keep me laughing the whole time;  Traci Kohler for her specialized understanding...lol;  it's my mom and dad making sure I had a carefree and amazing life, with traditions and values I could pass on to my children; it’s every boyfriend I’ve ever had being above and beyond amazing, especially Tommy and Porter for loving me even though my hands smelled like garlic and onions every day for 3 years (each!)  because they were my kitchen guinea pigs;   it’s Lance making sure I had the home and children of my dreams;  Chris Payson, who kept coming in and out of my life for the last 30 years because he just couldn’t stay away, thereby
deeming me “too sexy to forsake”…lol;  Greigh Hall who I wouldn’t talk to for 20 years but had the tenacity to work his way back in anyway,  proving that real love never goes away, even with friends;  Laurie Albanos for checking on me every day after surgery, and Kristy Buschle asking me to call her if I need to giggle;  the people who repeatedly invite me to be on their golf team though I just taught myself  how to play last summer; Steve Egan for believing dearly that misery loves company;  Scot and Christina Jones for making me their first phone call when they moved back to town; Dave Parnell for continually pointing out that my often-times faulty thinking of late is not in keeping with someone as smart as myself…and to keep checking in anyway;   and it's my loving and supportive family who reminds me every day that disappointments do not define you.

CK and CP 1988
 …and the list goes on and on…



Greigh Hall 1987ish


Miracles happen every day.  Tomorrow, take the time to think about the ones that have changed YOUR life, and how thankful you are that they did.  It’s easy to get caught up thinking about what we DON’T have because somehow it’s easier to focus on those things.  But everything happens for a reason, and just because you didn’t get the winning lottery ticket…or the big promotion…or to live on an island with the love of your life...doesn’t mean that something better isn’t around the corner.  Be patient and have faith…give it to God and go to sleep…if it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.  And if not, something else will.

Happy Thanksgiving from my heart to yours,
XOXOXO

Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment