Friday, November 14, 2014

The Party



I’m sorry I haven’t been in the kitchen a lot lately.  I surely didn’t forget about you, but I still have a few weeks recovery time from surgery and my real job that pays the bills (as opposed to this dream life I share with you), has gotten crazy because we’re starting tourist season down here in Naples.  Booooo...
Blah blah blah…the real news is that I’M GETTING READY FOR A PARTY!! WA-HOO!!
Now, those of you who know me know that I love love LOVE a good party.  Parties for ME, even better.  Parties where I get to wear a bedazzled tiara of some kind and get to drink a bottle of champagne all by myself, awesome.  Parties that drag out over days, like my birthday week, shared with the family and friends I love so much…those are the best.  This party is somewhere in between:  it’s the launch party for this blog I’ve been sharing with you, and we’re all really excited about it.  Only 13 weeks in, the analytics are CRAZY, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. 



The reason I love parties today: my first party dress, getting ready with my mom (1973)
Gigga, all 26 sexy years of her


It’s Saturday night, November 22nd at Barbatella, on 3rd Street in Olde Naples.  A cocktail reception, and private dinner following.  For those of you that can’t make it, check out the restaurant at http://barbatellanaples.com We’ll definitely miss you but no worries…pictures will be shared here, on my Facebook page, and in the local media.  We wouldn’t leave you out! 
You know, I had a whole amazing and wonderful life planned for myself and it didn’t work out.  Somehow, still not quite sure how, I got this new life instead…and it’s more amazinger and wonderfuler than I ever imagined!  Though nothing erases the pain of the “coulda/shouldas” of life, it’s that pain that makes the “want to’s/and did's” so much sweeter.  Born out of necessity, really, because I could easily have died… but didn’t.  And some days I wanted to, believe me.  But every day is full of surprises, and no matter what disappointments or heartbreaks come your way, know something else is ahead.  For me…it’s a tiara, a sexy black dress and even sexier kick-ass black heels, a bottle of prosecco, and 30-40 of my closest family and friends all together next Saturday night toasting this blog of mine.  God works in mysterious…and wonderful…ways.



The second reason I love parties:  you get a crown of your very own!! (Me, 1974)

No comments:

Post a Comment