Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving Night Turkey Sandwich



By the time I sit down to eat Thanksgiving dinner, I'm almost sick of the food.  I've been cooking (and tasting) it for 2 days, and I hardly put anything on my plate.  So by 9:30 at night, I'M STARVING.  In the sea of tinfoil and Tupperware that house the leftovers in my refrigerator, I find the turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce and make myself a sandwich.  And I make one again the next night, and the next.   

It's lots of mayonnaise on toasted Italian white bread, kosher salt and cracked pepper sprinkled over the turkey, and I eat it cold.  Yep, even the stuffing...cold.  And it's soooo good :) 

-----------------------------------------
(WHAT YOU WILL NEED)

leftover:
turkey
stuffing
cranberry sauce

Italian white bread (I use Arnold)
mayonnaise
salt/pepper

Toast Bread.  Spread mayonnaise liberally on one side of each piece.  Add turkey, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then stuffing, then cranberry sauce.  Top with 2nd piece of toast, mayonnaise side down.

Heat up your other side dishes to go with it, like this:

with sweet potatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment