There is something about summer that makes me wanna go retro, and I find it both different and familiar all at once. It's a welcome departure from the usual, with a sense of comfortable, that makes me smile every time, and I'm always thinking "oh there you are": pineapple upside cake, a cheesy spaghetti bake, and this beauty--the pink squirrel.
One night when I was like 22, I met up with my friend at The Dock restaurant here in Naples, FL for drinks. We had already eaten so I wasn't really in the mood for more cocktails and the bartender made this for me. Creamy, frothy, and dreamy, and every summer since that day in 1992, I pull it out and dust it off and see what it can do--makes me smile and want another one is what it does, which is why this recipe makes four :)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
(makes 4 drinks)
1/2 cup Creme de Noyaux or Amaretto
1/2 cup clear Creme de Cocoa
8 ozs. cream
Grenadine (if you use Amaretto, you will need this to give the drink its namesake color, which should be as pink as a glass of strawberry Nesquick!)
Optional: freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
Mix the first 4 ingredients in a shaker until frothy.
![]() |
Pour into wide champagne glass. Top with grated nutmeg if desired.



No comments:
Post a Comment