Saturday, April 11, 2015

Tapenade


Tapenade. Olive spread. My daughters favorite snack.  Most kids ask their moms to make cookies…when she was 8, she’d come home from school and ask me to make tapenade.  And since it’s waaaaaaaay easier than cookies, I’d happily oblige.
All you need is olives and olive oil.  That’s the base and sometimes, the whole thing.  I’ve also used capers, anchovies, fresh garlic, and lemon, but only if I happen to have them in the refrigerator.  Just put your ingredients in the food processor, pulse for a few seconds and there it is…tapenade!  It could be easier, but then you wouldn’t be impressed :)

------------------------------------------------
1 container mixed olives (I used green Spanish and purple Kalamata)
Extra Virgin olive oil
2 baguettes
optional:  lemon juice, garlic, anchovy, capers

Place olives, some olive oil, (and any optional ingredients) in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds--I like mine to have some consistency, but you can make it completely smooth if that's how you like it.

Make crostini:  slice baguettes on the diagonal, drizzle with olive oil, bake in 350 degree oven for 5 min.

Place olive spread in a bowl. It's good just like this BUT, if you just can't stop here, you can drizzle a bit of olive oil or squeeze some fresh lemon on top.  I don't think it needs it, but you might.
Spread on crostini and enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment