Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Creamsicle Dreamsicle

 
 
It happened quite by accident.  My neighbor, Ruth, gave me a bottle of Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka and the rest is history.

Now normally, I'm a purist by nature.  I like coffee flavored coffee, regular iced tea, white paper towels, clear fingernail polish...and vodka flavored vodka. BUT...and we've all been here...it was the only alcohol I had.

My friend Steve came over and wanted a drink, so I made him a screwdriver with this stuff thinking he'd never know the difference and if he did, I'd play it off like it was his tastebuds playing tricks (sorry, Steve).  So I make the drink in the kitchen and taste it before I give it to him, wondering how much I'm gonna have to play it up...but it was GOOOOOOOD!!!!  It tasted like the dreamsicles my mom used to buy when I was little.  Of course, I wasn't allowed to have any of those--they were name brand and were for her, and she used to hide them in the back of the freezer.  My friends and I got the no-name box of 108 popsicles that had hardly any syrup in them and would turn to white ice after like 6 licks!  Goddammit, mom!! 

But anyway...

I've been making this drink ever since...on purpose now...with great results.  I've made it for people across the country, have had bartenders make it for me for dessert, and I admit (shhhhhhhh...) that I've even had it for breakfast (don't judge).   One summer I had it made for me, got way drunk, made it about 200 yards away from the bar and passed out in the street before my friend had to carry me the rest of the way up to my hotel room.  To this day we joke that I got roofied.   Ahhhhhhhh, good times with the Creamsicle Dreamsicle!! LOL

It's only two ingredients and so easy; perfect for these last few days of summer.  Share it with someone you love and make some memories of your own.  Have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------
icy vodka, right out of the freezer
 

1 bottle Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka
1 container orange juice (not from concentrate)
ice, of course

Place ice in glass.  Add as much vodka as you'd like and fill the rest of the glass with orange juice.  Stir and enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Now this is a recipe I can make! I remember you introducing me to these as well! Too bad I can't get the vodka to make them, I have a limited supply of alcoholic choices where I am located! I'll check with Santiago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahahahaha!
      Good, aren't they?
      Don't be silly...PFC Santiago can't drink, he has lactic acidosis! :)

      Delete